Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Village Visit

A couple weeks ago, a number of staff and students worked with Habitat for Humanity to help build a house. The village was about an hour and a half out of town and a couple of the teachers wanted to check out the progress of the house. I was invited along, I think to take photos mostly, but I had a good time. I think the villagers were surprised to see us, as we had not been able to call ahead and let them know we were coming.  We delivered some notebooks and crackers for the kids of the village. They were prized possessions!
We visited the house... it needs a roof and some windows, but the progress has been slow as only the family is working on it, when they are not doing their real job.
I think the family was glad that we came out all that way to see them.  I am glad that I was able to go and be a part of the experience.
On the way home, we stopped and had lunch at a mountain restuarant. It was a pleasant day and good to get out of the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment