
In Nepal there is an area up in the Himals, that produces a pink salt rock. I have heard about it for awhile but never seen any. Well.... I have now. I was walking through the market the other day and came across this stall with rocks. He has about four or five different kinds. There was an Alum rock and some volcanic looking rock, and then I saw it - Pink Salt Rock. So I asked for the price in Nepali, and he answered me in Nepali. So I had no clue how much it was..still working on my numbers. I believe he said about 80 rupyee for a kilo (which would be about a dollar). So I picked up a rock and gave it to him. He weighed it and quoted me a price of 70 rupyee. I said, " I'll take it." Now I just need to find someone to drill a hole in it big enough to put a tea candle in. and Wah La! I can have a nice night light.
By the way, I did lick it and it IS salty!
Since writing this blog, I have asked around for someone to drill a hole in it so as to fit a tea candle in it. Everyone says they are afraid to crack it into pieces. Oh well. Now I have a lump of pink salt!
No comments:
Post a Comment