So the super cyclone, Phailan, that hit the east coast of India has moved up to the Himalayans and gotten caught on the high peaks. All that means is that we have had about 36 hours of constant rain and dreariness. However,it looks like the rain has finally stopped and maybe the clouds will lift a bit. I mean with them having wrung out all that rain water, they should be lighter, making it easier to float, right?! You can see why I am not a science teacher. The forecast is for light rain throughout the week, but I am hoping all these clouds can get up high enough to get over the mountain barrier and move on across the Tibetan plateau. We will see.
In the meantime, time to slosh through the puddles and bundle up to keep dry and warm. I do feel a bit sorry for all the trekkers who came to Nepal in October to see and hike the mountains. They did not get their money's worth this year.
In the meantime, time to slosh through the puddles and bundle up to keep dry and warm. I do feel a bit sorry for all the trekkers who came to Nepal in October to see and hike the mountains. They did not get their money's worth this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment