Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Proverbs 31 Woman!

Since the folks have been here, Mom has been sewing, cooking, and knitting up a storm. She is trying to complete 9 crochet hats for a nursery school here. Dad and I spent hours trying to untangle a skein of yard that was yak hair. It kept breaking and we would have to hunt for an end. Mom would just sit and roll up all the little pieces until she finally had enough to start crocheting.

She has sowed me curtains for my living room and ones for my bedroom. We went to a fabric place and she helped with choosing the material. Then had to sew a lot of them by hand. We begged some straight pins off a tailor one day and to measure the material, we used a rope, since I have no tools.




 She taught me how to make a dried potato necklace, (it took a couple days as we had to dry the potatoes and then paint them before stringing them).

And recently she has been  coming up with games for VBS, which the school will be having in a couple weeks.

On top of all that we all trying new recipes and making some old favorites (with substitutions as needed). We have had some good laughs over the stove and miracle oven.

So I am keeping her busy. She is a Proverbs 31 woman for sure! I am  truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment