
Today, after a trip downtown, in which we encountered some amazingly humorous traffic jams, we decided to stop at The International Club for a well-deserved cuppa and a snack. On the menu it stated that there were buffalo wings, so I asked if they had buffalo wings available. He shook his head no and replied that they only had chicken wings. So we said that we would order the chicken wings instead of the buffalo wings. He took the rest of the order and we sat back for a long wait. However a minute later, Mom said, "Oh no, he is coming our way. I wonder what they don't have available?" (She has only been in the country a week, how did she get that savvy?) The waiter approached our table and said, " I am sorry. We don't have chicken wings either." (Surprise, surprise!) So we changed our item and as the waiter was leaving with the new order, Dad said, " We should have asked for whale flippers instead."
No comments:
Post a Comment