Sunday, October 27, 2013

One More Wacky Conversation

During the Wacky Week, I had a number of funny conversations, but I think this one takes the cake. The new librarian and I decided that we need more plants than the measly five cactus plants to crazy-up the library one day. So we went back to one of the gardeners to get some more plants.
I asked to have some more. The answer was, "It is not good to put more plants in the library because then there will not be enough oxygen."  I  thought about doing a quick science lesson, but voted against it  as I didn't have the time. So I asked again. This time the response was. " Well, we can put them in there during the day, but they have to come back out at night because they need light to grow."  Again I thought of doing a quick science lesson, but I decided not to. Instead I said that it was only for one night and I think the plants would be fine for one night without sunlight. There was a grudgingly nod and we had our plants.

Sometimes I am just humored at what comes out of people's mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment