Friday, September 13, 2013

Library Whisperer

With the recent bandha, it meant that I was in charge of the library for most of the day, because our main librarian could not get to school. It was quite interesting being in the stacks all day. I had a couple classes to teach, besides answering  general library questions. 

At one point a person walked in and asked why it was so noisy. Most of the noise was coming from two elementary classes changing rooms. They were not even in the library.! So I said," Look, I am not the library whisperer. I just fill the seat " They just laughed and grabbed a paper.  In one of the classes I taught, I chose a book about a peanut butter sandwich that gets stuck on the bottom on a rhino.  The kids loved it and then we practiced making "paper" PB&J sandwiches.  It was a practice in how-to for them and patience for me!

Overall it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment