Saturday, September 21, 2013

Out of the Valley


There is just something so freeing about getting out of the valley on the weekends.
Friends came to church and then a group of us journeyed out the Dokari Road to a coffee plantation and cafe.  It was a great drive and there were lots of laughs in the car!  I am not a connoisseur of coffee, so I just had white coffee and let the others discuss all the other things regarding the bean. One of the guys we went with works at a coffee place in WA, so he was quite interested in the roasting and grinding processes. They had a tour of the plantation while I sat and enjoyed the view.
  
On the way back, we got stuck in a jam due to an accident. One of the benifits of just rolling forward is that you get to see the scenery more and watch people.

Once in the city we were headed up the back roads and got stopped by police. There was a festival going on up the road, so all traffic was being diverted. A couple of us got out because we were going a different way and we had to squeeze our way through the crowds. But I was able to get one shot of the procession.

All in all it was a great day! I need more of those.


No comments:

Post a Comment