Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ranger on Hiatus, Ding Ding Wau!

Goldie and Ellona Ranger take a break
Ellona Ranger is currently on hiatus. The kids through are going around talking about her and her horse, Goldie. It was been quite fun. I know that I will have to bring her back for some other stories later in the year, but I must say that doing chapel twice a week, three weeks in a row was a bit of a rough ride.

For some strange reason, I also signed up to teach the middle schoolers again this week, but I am  not  doing a Ranger episode. I am doing a game show about the school history.  I wanted to see how much our students knew and the school's history, because we have an accreditation visit coming up in November. I figured that a game would allow us to gauge what they know.   And it would be different from our typical surveys! Last year I created a chapel game called Ding Ding Wau!  So I planned to use it as the game. But today in chapel another teacher told the kids, "We are playing Ding Ding Wau today." I was a bit surprised, but happy to see that it had not been forgotten. Fortunately I am doing with the middle school and his chapel was for the elementary. We'll be right. After this though I am not leading a chapel for a bit. I need time to regenerate the creative juices.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment