Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Little Cricket in the Alley

Yesterday as I was headed out to the store, I walked up the alley near our house and came across a little game of cricket. I have seen the guys playing before and had to catch a ball once or twice, but on this day they invited me to play. So I got ready to field a couple bats, but they could not hit them my direction well.  So I gave a wave and headed off on my errands.

On my way home, they were still playing and as I approached the batter motioned for the bowler to pitch. I knew he was going to try one more time to bat a ball my way, so I slowed my pace and freed a hand in preparation.  The bowler bowled and the batter actually hit it. The ball popped up into the air and ...over the zoo fence, just above my head!  I shouted, " Six" and walked on laughing. The other guys playing razzed the batter quite a bit for ending the game!
I enjoy cricket so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment