In church on Sunday, the pastor was giving a children's sermon and he raved about his most precious treasure. He had had it for 38 years and wherever he went, this treasure went too. He goes on and on about it and then asks the kids, " What do you think my treasure is?" About three kids replied with a heavy 'duh', "Your Bible! " The whole congregation laughed at the tone of the kids and also in agreement. Pastor turned bright red and look very embarrassed. He said, " Yes, a bible is a wonderful treasure, but unfortunately that is not the treasure I was talking about!" The congregation laughed again. He continued, " Maybe I should not do this talk this week. Maybe I should hold off til next week and come back with my Bible in this bag!"
He did reveal that his most treasured possession was a plain, white cup! When one of the kids saw it, they said, " That's boring." I think Pastor was a bit offended, but his message about how God looks at us each and considers us His treasure, no matter how ordinary or plain we look to others was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment