So I was attending this meeting at a local hotel and as I was walking around the grounds with a friend, this very official looking man greeted us as he walked by. My friend whispered to me, " Those are the monkey guards."
"The what?!"
" The monkey guards. They shoot the monkeys."
I was a bit unbelieving. I could not imagine this guard using his gun and shooting monkeys. That would be so against his religious values.
At lunch as we were sitting in the garden, I took a closer look at these Monkey Guards and that's when I noticed their weapons. They had slingshots! Just regular old stick and rubber slingshots. So now I understood. I was relieved to know that there was no conflict of religious beliefs and job requirements.
I snapped a quick photo. Not sure if you can see the slingshot. But he is armed and dangerous.
Needless to say, we were not bothered by any of the vermin, so he was doing his job well!
No comments:
Post a Comment