When I lived in Singapore, it seemed that every afternoon during certain seasons and then again in the middle of the night, massive thunderstorms would roll over the island. I hated that roaring, rolling sound! Did as a kid, still do as a bigger kid! Here in Nepal, I have never heard thunder... until today!
I was sitting in a meeting when I heard this sound like someone rolling an empty 50-gallon drum across a rocky road. I thought, " What on earth is that?" It seemed to go on forever! When it stopped, I got back to the business at hand. Then the noise came again. About this time, the kids out on the playground for lunch, realizing what it was and started to cheer! Someone at the meeting said, " Oh that is thunder." I was so shocked. But sure enough, it started to spit and the thunder rolled again.
Rain has been so scarce this year that I had forgotten what it sounded like. It was nice to see the rain, if only for two minutes. And within seconds after the 'storm' passed, we were back to our sun and warmish temperatures!
No comments:
Post a Comment