Monday, January 7, 2013

Experiencing the Weekend

On Sunday after church a friend invited me to tag along and visit a children's home not to far from where I live. I really enjoy getting out and doing different things, so I went along. It was a joy to see the excitement on the kids faces as we entered the courtyard and their eagerness to interact was a delight. My Nepali is shameful though and it was difficult not being able to converse with them easily. We looked at books for a while, asking questions about their homework, and then played some games in the yard. One of the youngest girls didn't let language get in the way when we were playing soccer.  If we didn't share and pass the ball to everyone, she gave a lecture about it!
It was such a refreshing way to spend a couple hour this weekend. I came away with warm fuzzies in my heart and a spring in my step, ready to face a very busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment