Inspite of this being a short week, it felt extremely
long! I have spent a lot of it in
meetings…my favorite activity in any job...NOT! But it has been good to be doing my
job…finally. At the moment there seems to be a lot of it…but I am trying to
stay on top of the details and be proactive.
 |
| How to keep the street light from falling down. |
In other news I have uploaded some photos to show what has
been happening in the surrounding hood. ROAD CONSTRUCTION GALORE! A couple blogs ago, I talked about a
bulldozer digging a huge hole across the main intersection of my street. Well, for
the last three days, work has been at a standstill as we have experienced the
ever-effective national strikes. So the
gaping hole has lasted a lot longer than normal and watching the traffic is
quite humorous. There are no warning signs at the previous intersection to tell folks
that the road is closed and even if there were… no one would think it was a
reality. There are signs about 50 meters
prior to the hole, but everyone drives around them and gets right up to the
edge of the hole, sits there for a moment (maybe they are wondering if they
can jump it!?!) and then has to turn around. Today, it was the school buses. I
saw two buses head up the road and then have to turn around and head back. But did they tell the other school buses?
Nope! So as I continued walking, another bus drove up to the edge of the hole. I
had watched the first two buses do the whole routine and as they turned at the previous
intersection, this new bus turns the corner and heads down into the
construction. It is so funny to watch and yet so pitiful too. I know that about
two days ago, they had signs at the previous intersection, but no one was paying
attention to them so they have been removed. Oh well, such is life!

In my yard, the tulips are blooming. It
is warming up and short sleeves are coming out of the closets. Today, I had to kill one of those deadly catipillars that had found it's way into the house. So I know spring has come. We got a little rain last
night, so that has helped my tulips bloom. Wonder if we will get an hour of extra power tonight. Hope so, cause it is the little things in life here that bring joy to the soul.
Not much planned for the weekend. I have my best chunks of power on Saturday and Sunday, so will try get some wash done and charge all the gadgets. Sounds like an exciting weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment