| NEPAL DOT hard at work |
Here are a couple photos I took of my adventure into Kathmandu today. I actually live south of Kathmandu (on the other side of the river) in Patan. There were three kingdoms that all converged in this area and put their capitols here. Whether they all did it at the same time and for what reason, I have not figured out yet. But I keep asking questions.
KFC - Yes! (Chicken)
Mackers - No! (Beef)
Still looking for a Taco Bell! Anyone?!
Speaking of cows - I had not seen one on the streets until I saw this one. He was waiting at a bus stop. I figured he should just take the motorcycle. It was actually the second one I had seen today. About 10 years ago you could not have walked 20 paces without running into one, but there are laws now that fine the owners if found on the street. This cow better hurry up and catch the bus!
And speaking of motorcycles. I stood for a while to watch the guys that run this parking lot. It was quite interesting seeing them maneuver all the bikes to get the one they needed. Oh, and for your information I only took the photo in one direction..it was the same story down the street in the other direction too!
So this temple, one of many, was quite large. I just got a quick shot of it because the lighting was not the best. I'll need to go back with my 'real' camera and get some better shots.
| This is Bishal Bazar the first department store in Kathmandu. It has four floors and sometimes the escalator works. |
| The WHITE HOUSE (it is the old palace) |
No comments:
Post a Comment