I just finished reading a truly inspiring book. Light Dawns in Nepal by Tom Hale chronicles the work that the early pioneers of INF began in Nepal. Reading it, I was overwhelmed with how boldly these believers lived out their love for God in very difficult circumstances. These people sacrificed their whole life to the will of God and God used them mightily. Many of them are still living and working in Nepal, even 40+ years later. One of the first "mims" who walked into Nepal in the 50's, attends the fellowship I have been visiting the past two weeks. She states that she has done nothing special. Let's see...nothing special means moving out to a very under-developed, newly opened to foreigners country to work at a number of leprosy hospitals, hiking through the mountains for days to help find those with leprosy at the earlier stages and get them started on medications. Then she started a couple of rehabilitation centers here in Kathmandu for those cured of leprosy, so they could have a livelihood. When that project was off and running, she moved to Eastern Nepal and opened two more leprosy treatment centers. That's nothing special!?
If you can find a copy of the book, I would recommend that you read it. It has given me a good perspective of the foundation that has been laid here in Nepal. May I be faithful in adding to the kingdom building.
If you can find a copy of the book, I would recommend that you read it. It has given me a good perspective of the foundation that has been laid here in Nepal. May I be faithful in adding to the kingdom building.
No comments:
Post a Comment