This afternoon, while some colleagues and I were at a local pool (I was not swimming, just sitting there enjoying the breeze and mineral water) I watched as the monsoon clouds rolled in. Then all of the sudden the heavens opened and we all made a dash for cover (Well all of us not in the pool. Those in the pool just kept swimming laps). It poured buckets for about 15 minutes and then turned into a drizzle for about five, before tapering off to nothing. Everyone who was dry decided to make for home before the next downpour. The funny thing about it all was that everyone was happily saying, "Well, at least we will have a couple more minutes of power tonight!" (The country is run on hydro-electric power, so rain is a good thing!)
The five of us also headed for home. I was invited over for dinner and so when we got to the house, I went to the roof to see the 'view'. It was mostly clouds, but I did take some photos (Seriously, what else would I do?) of the mountains surrounding the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment