And then..... the heavens opened! I mean opened. I think it was just plain buckets being poured down. The drops were so big that at first I thought it was hail. And it just kept coming. The umbrellas at the tables were giving no one any protection and we all climbed up on the tables. Then the wind came and I was drenched in seconds.
The primary principal had showed up about that time under the tents and got all the kids in line, but then we had to figure out how to get them to their classrooms without getting soaked. Recently we have purchased some nice tarps to cover our sandpit and pino pong tables. I ran out into the downpour to get one and brought it back to the tents. We unfolded it and a bunch of teachers and students held it up for the others. It didn't quite stretch the whole way. So the principal yanked one of the table umbrellas out and this allowed all the students to tunnel through without getting soaked. It was quite the adventure!
It took me all afternoon to dry out!
No comments:
Post a Comment