Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Last Day of School... Finally!

Tuesday was a long, but fun-filled day!  We started the morning off with assembly, saying goodbye to students and staff.  Then we practiced for the last day assembly and sixth grade graduation.  After all those festivities, it was Sports Day. There were three events: floor hockey, futsal, and high jump.  My house team – Makalu only had five students and one of those had an injured foot. So during the futsal, I actually got to play! That was quite a sight, but we all had fun.  

In the afternoon, I had art class and had the grade six help me with the art of sorting and throwing things away! They were not so happy, but we got a lot done. The fifth graders helped me hang up banners and posters for Wednesday’s final assembly and then it was time for the Sport’s Day assembly. Unfortunately Makalu did not win but they were good sports and enjoyed their piece of candy. This year’s winners were Annapurana. 

In the evening we had our fellowship group. We went to our favorite Korean place and after eating had a time of prayer for those who were leaving.  It is hard for me to say goodbye to friends, but I am working on being better about dealing with it. It is slow going though.

On the way home, I got a number of a place to rent and called when I got home, but they only spoke Nepali, so will need someone from work to call.


So now it is Wednesday … the last day of school.. oh the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment