| New recipe |
| bonfire |
| my 'nepali' sisters |
After a hectic couple days at school, working with the MUN, I crashed and got a good night sleep. I woke in the morning and got some wash done (we have a new power schedule with a couple more hours of electricity), then sat down to read a book on British History. Ended up taking a nap ( yeah it was that exciting) and woke up just in time to walk over to church. After the service, I was invited over to a friend's house to try some Newari food. It was quite good and I tried my hand at cooking too.
After a relaxing afternoon, I had a farewell party to attend for another very good friend. There seems to be a lot of farewelling lately. There was a bonfire, so I decided to roast a sausage. As the fire's flames charred my offering, I saw something move in the burning pile of wood. At first I thought it was my sausage falling off the roasting fork... but then it moved again. It was a toad about the size of my fist! If he had stayed much longer in the fire, I could have been eating frog legs instead of sausage, but I guess it got too hot in the fire for him... so he took a flying leap. He eventually hopped over to cooler ground under some bushes.
The rest of the evening was delightful (it didn't rain!) and another goodbye has been said.
At church on Sunday, there was a farewell service and more goodbyes. This is the toughest thing about living in a community like this.... all the goodbyes. Looking forward to the day when I don't have to say that again!
No comments:
Post a Comment