I have friends who are leaving this weekend and to help them
in their packing, I offered to take their three children for a half day excursion
around the city so the kids could take final photos and have a last hurrah
about the town, while the parents finished packing.
Not sure about the kids, but I had a great day. It is always
interesting to see the city through the eyes of others and looking at their
photos and what they wanted to capture gives insight into their thoughts.

We walked around old Patan and through the markets. We
stopped to eat momos at a café tucked away in an old styled house. We dodged
motorcycles and taxis and crossed busy streets like natives. The kdis were a
joy to be with and when I asked if they were interested in going to a coffee
shop and hang out they jumped at the chance. So we hopped in a taxi and headed
down to Thamel, where were we to meet the folks in the evening and had milkshakes
and floats while playing card games and watching wrestling. We had a grand three hours of being coffee
shop couch potatoes before finally meeting up the parents and heading over to a
Israeli restaurant for dinner. The funny thing about the restaurant was all the
painted pigs used for décor and the black lighting. The food was good, and they
even served “Or to the Queen”, which is Nepali version of an Indian dessert
called, “ Hello to the Queen.” In the USA we would call it a jumbo size ice
cream sundae on top of graham crackers!
I enjoy doing things like this, but I am definitely ready
for a long nap now.
No comments:
Post a Comment