Monday, June 10, 2013

Greetings from the Sink

This morning, I walked into the kitchen and flicked on the light. In the kitchen sink was one of those deadly-looking, reddish-pink, centipedes. I had killed a spider in the sink the night before and this four inch long centipede had slide down into the sink for a late night dinner party. However he could not get up the slippery slopes, even with all those legs. So he had hunkered down for the rest of the night, until I appeared over the rim of the sink this morning.  He reared and I jumped. Then
I quickly grabbed my bug spray and had at it. It wiggled and squirmed for quite a bit. It even flopped itself in a pool of water resting in a spoon. But I took another spoon, with a very long handle, and chopped it up.
While all this parleying was happening, I snapped a few photos of it. It is now at rest in my trash can...i mean rubbish bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment