That was the question of the day today in US History class. So we talked about two incidents of discrimination against Asians - against the Chinese in the 1850-60s and the Japanese in the 1940s. it seems that everyone is asking what the question of the class it... and when I mention it we get into some great discussions. This time, many people seemed surprised to learn of the Internment camps in Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, and California, that the Japanese-Americans were send to. I must say I am learning a lot!
Today, in need of some writing, I had the students write about a time they or someone they knew was discriminated against because of skin color or race. It was quite sad to read their accounts and see how these students felt. But it helps me to know them better and Ienjoyed that. On to the Bible Belt on Wednesday!
Today, in need of some writing, I had the students write about a time they or someone they knew was discriminated against because of skin color or race. It was quite sad to read their accounts and see how these students felt. But it helps me to know them better and Ienjoyed that. On to the Bible Belt on Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment