This morning I was reading in my devotions the fifth chpater of Ecc. when this verse jumps up and slaps me.
'Ecc. 5 2 [b] Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few.'
I had to read it a couple times just to be sure I was reading the right words and I was...but it shook me to my bones. The last couple days have been tough ones and I have been struggling to know when and when not to say something. So I knew this was what God was asking me to think about and practice today! I know it is on oath taking, but it was a good reminder to just watch my tongue and use it to glorify God.
Just to make sure I got the message, I chanced to meet up with a friend and she was lamenting the issue of people's words and how they can build up or tear down. I mentioned the passage I had read this morning and she said, " I need to go home and read that whole passage!' I just smiled.
When I got home, I sat down to work on my computer and flipped on my music. I hit play and the music started and I almost fell off my chair laughing! It was Phillip, Craig and Dean's song, " Let my words be few" I think I know what I will be working on for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment