So the other day in class I talked about a 'sleeping police'. My guru had not heard about one of this amazing items, so I had a grand time telling her about this British term. T hen today in class, she mentioned that she had told her husband about sleeping policemen and he thought it was quite funny. As we were talking about it, my British classmate said, " By the way, did you notice the new sleeping policeman out on the road in front of the school?" I replied that I had just noticed it as I was coming in for class today.
I then asked if it had happen because of us being a school? He said, " No. What actually happen was that they had to put a new drainage pipe in, so they dug the trench across the road, laid the pipe, and then covered it with all the dirt they had taken out of the hole." Wa La! A new speed bump and it is right in front of the school! We have actually wanted one there to slow down the traffic in the morning, but no one would grant us permission, but God did! It is good to be reminded that He is really in charge!
No comments:
Post a Comment