The first term of school is over and so everyone has headed out to see the mountains. By 'see' I mean trek for 5 to 10 days in the country's Himals! That sounds insane to me. You can't see mountains up close.. you have to be far away and get the whole splendid view from afar! So I have opted to head up the sides of the home valley walls and see the view from there...and by head up... I mean in a vehicle.
.JPG) |
| Melungtse, my favorite |
.JPG) |
| not sure which one... |
.JPG) |
The mother of all mountains :
Sagarmatha |
I will just be gone overnight...but I think that will be plenty to see if the mountains are out. October is the best time to see them, I hear! In the meantime... here are some photos a friend took while flying around the mountains at the east end of the country. Aren't they majestic?
No comments:
Post a Comment