Friday, October 19, 2012
First Official Ride in a Micro
Chalk up another first for me! I hopped a micro bus to get home from town today. A micro is a 15- passenger van that holds 22+ people when push comes to shove. The cost is a lot cheaper than a taxi.. but more expensive than a tempo.. which is a three wheeled, neighborhood vehicle. Micros race at top speed all around town and are usually best avoided. But seeing that I had only a short distance to go and I was looking for adventure, I hopped on one. I was actually going to take a tempo, but I could not read the name for my hood fast enough. In the micros, they have a young money-collecting kid, who hangs out the door or window and yells the names of all the places they are headed. So it helps. This micro was not too crowded (I counted 18) and eventually i found the edge of a seat to perch on. So for a first ride.. not too bad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment