I was going to add a native poem about the swing, but the content of the poem was about falling off, getting hurt, and not being sure if one should get on again...so I added this one instead..( also because it is one of my mom's favorites).
| swing near school |
The Swing
BY ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON
How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the
pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!
Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Over the countryside—
Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown—
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!
Source: A Child's Garden of Verses (1999)
I have not tried it. I was thinking about it once, at a swing near the school, but I get sick going back and forth,
back and forth,
back and forth...
so I did not risk it.
Yes, that is one of my favorites from childhood. I'd be afraid of swinging for fear of breaking it. That sure would be bad luck for the year. lol
ReplyDelete