Well, it is the last day of our fall break. And I am ending it by catching up on all things Grade 2! We do not have a Grade 2 teacher this term....yet! School starts on Monday..
Sooooo.... in preparing for teaching Grade 2 this term, I have looked at the curriculum for social studies and science. I am quite excited about the topic: Plants and Animals of Nepal. It is mostly about conservation…I can definitely work with that. I even have a field trip planned. Not sure if THAT is in the curriculum, but I will add it, if it’s not! Since I have seen some of the wild life and have been reading about Nepal's conservation efforts, on a whim, I am kind of hoping I get to teach now, just because of these topics!
Language Arts and Math are pretty straight forward, but they have this subject that deals with bible/social graces/health/character all rolled into one. This term the topic is on Attentiveness! Oh joy, Oh rapture! Fortunately there is quite a bit of curriculum available on the web, so I should be able to stay focused and on track with that subject too. :)
I will not start in the class right away. I will take over the second week. The first week I will spend observing and hanging out with the students.
Should be another fulPHILing term! Appreciate the prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment