Mitho Mitho Mince Pie-o

About a week ago, a friend of mine gave me some mincemeat pie filling in a jar (I am talking British mince, not American mince). I brought it home and one of my flat mates decided that we needed to make the pies. But it took a couple days to get the rest of the ingredients and find a time, we could use the oven.
So tonight we finally got a night when the electricity was on during the evening and we could bake a bit.
With the three of us, it was a quick process. Here we are making the dough, rolling it out, filling the pie crust with mince meats, and topping the pies off. One of the girls wanted to put decorative leaves and all..but with the time
constraints we vetoed that idea.
We were able to bake them in our 20-year old oven (built to last, it is) and after the pies cooled, we made ourselves a cup of tea and enjoyed the fruits of our labor. They were very mitho mitho..delicious and as we finished up the last bite...the power went off. Perfect timing! Now I am not British, but I do enjoy a little mince pie and a hot cup of tea during the holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment