I have not written for a couple days because I really did not have much to say and I was waiting for something more exciting than " class went well today." (Which it did, by the way). I am enjoying teaching and yesterday was especially good because I went down a bunny trail and after the lesson, three kids said to each other, " That was the best class ever!" Made my day. But that is not my news either.
At the moment we have a full house. From time to time we have people who are travelling through that need a place to stay and since we have the room, we open our house and offer a home. I have meet some interesting folks and learned some amazing things through this experience. So at the moment we have a full house and yesterday the well ran dry. There are a couple reasons for this, but usually the building complex gets a tanker to come in and fill up the well, which happen ( well, a third of the well actually) Everyone breathed a sigh of relief, until it was realized that the pump was broken. It has been sounding like it is over worked of late, so I am not surprised. This means that we could not pump the water up to the tank on the roof. So the apartments could not getting water. For just such occasions we do have small storage bins in the bathrooms and the kitchen... but for some reason our didi decided to use up all the water to do the laundry instead of leaving us some drinking and flushing water.
So when the first of our household got home last night, there was no water in the house...none! Five people, no water! One of the guest went down to the hand pump and hauled about six buckets up, before I got home, which was a God-sent. Then there was a meeting for the building tenets that other of the guest attended, because both my roommate and I had had other meetings to go to. So when I arrived home, we had to get the low down of all that had happen. It was all quite exciting.
I know that we are in the dry season...it has not rained for four months..but to have the well dry at this stage is pretty bad. Rainy season isn't until June.
So we could use some miracle rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment