Friday, December 7, 2012
Training Them Up!
Over the course of the last three weeks, I have been teaching about Reconciliation. I am never sure how much the students are actually getting out of it, but I pray as I am teaching that they will hear the Word and it will not return void. Friday, I got on the subject of how God seeks us out and provided a way for us to be reconciled to Him. I had the students draw some graphs of this in one of their notebooks. They were all very attentive and quickly got the work done, so that they could ask more questions. I was feeling very overwhelmed with having to answer them all. When the bell rang for recess, we all looked at each other and said," Already?!" I told them to pack up and as they were walking out the door, I heard one student say, "We spend the whole morning talking about Jesus. It was cool!" " Yeah," replied another student, " We should do that every day!" Made me smile and reminded me why I love teaching.
Then, at lunch recess, I had finished eating, when two of my students come up to me quite distressed. There was a problem, they explained. because one of the students was not reconciling with the other two. They actually used the big word. Apparently they had fought and the one came over to apology to the other. So, like a good investigator I went over to see the third party and find out what the rest of the story was. The third party explained her viewpoint of the whole incident, when one of the complaining party piped in, "When someone is seeking to reconcile with you, you must either say 'yes' or 'no'. You can not just ignore them and walk away! That is like saying 'no'! " I was a bit taken back by that outburst and started to say something when the third party replied, "Oh, is that how it works? Then okay... I accept your apology!". They all shook hands and off they went to play! Blew me away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment