Saturday, August 11, 2012

25th Anniversary: Day 3

The grande finale! ( Ie thinke Ie wille pute "e"s one everye worde...Nahe)

All of the programs, assemblies, prayer times, and  the talent show went so well. A couple of government officials came to the formal program and actually requested to seat among the "common" people during the lunch because they  liked the loving, family atmosphere. What a huge testimony to God's favor!

Another highlight was at the presentation of the trees during the school assembly, in which each class presented their tree (bought for the new property when we get it). One student got up and shared why her class had chosen an olive tree.  She said that it was a dove that brought back an olive branch to Noah and it was showing that there was land available... it just needed to be claimed!  Preach on young child!

During the afternoon, there was a prayer time  and I felt that I needed to walk over to the piece of property that we have been eyeing. As I was walking over there, I saw a parent coming up the lane and asked him to come and pray too.  We prayed over the land, claiming it for God and the school.  (This piece of property use to be a school.  When the school moved out, all the buildings were torn down so that the owners didn't have to pay taxes).  The parent I was praying with is an engineer and when he saw the land, he said. " This is remarkable. You have a clean slate to work with. That is a huge blessing!"  May we soon have this 'clean slate' and start the next phrase of the Lord's plans.

The talent show was very enjoyable and there was something for everyone. I even got to heckle the Shakespearean. ( I mean, if you are going to be a Shakespearean, then you better get use to heckling...am I right?).

Anyways, it was all good and you could see the hand of God move. To Him be the glory!

Today is the grande finale.. as I have mentioned before. We, (200+ families, staff, and friends) are headed out to the southeast end of the valley in the afternoon (so the bandha will be over) to spend the day playing games, swimming, chatting, and eating. We will wrap up the celebration with a praise service in the evening.

Next 25 years?  Only the Lord knows, but I know it will be exciting! Just glad that I can be a part of it!
To Him be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment