I actually slept until 7 AM this morning! That was a real sleep in. I know that I was tired from all the weekend festivities, so I guess I needed the extra couple of hours of sleep.

The Day 3 celebration was wonderful. When we first got to the resort, it was quite warm. We were directed to the Garden Lawn...the biggest piece of green lawn that I have seen in two months. A large tent was set up, so that we had shade. I had brought my cribbage board and set up shop under the tent, but most folks were sitting in the shade of the trees or swimming at the pool.
About two hours later... the tent was standing room only, as everyone who did not want to get wet from the monsoon downpour, had found a space under the tent and was happily enjoying birthday cake and tea. The children and those more adventurous adults were playing games in the rain, splashing in puddles, and having a fantastic fun looking like drowned rats!

I, not finding a spot under the tent, grabbed my umbrella and my camera and just started snapping photos! So I had fun too. In the past three days, I have taken over 1500 photos. It was been great fun.
In the evening we had a buffet meal, followed by a praise and prayer service. It was a blessed wrap-up to the whole 25th Anniversary Celebration.
Whereas I am very thankful I was here to participate and learn so much about the school's start up and future, I am glad that these things only come around once every 25 years or so. I am hoping that next year will be a quieter start!
No comments:
Post a Comment