I have returned to the valley! It was quite a trip. Hard to believe that I have traveled to Tansen and back in three days. Of course, my tail bone could tell you!
We left KTM on time, Wednesday, at 8 AM and drove out of the valley. We dropped about 2000 feet in 13 km and followed the river valley down to the Terai. Then we headed west about 200 km to Butwal. At Butwal we turned north and headed up to Tansen, which was about 1500 ft climb.
(See the map for locations)
| Tansen - a city on a hill. |
| The White Lake seeps in |
The teacher training was good. I helped out a bit, but mostly observed. It was most of the day on Thursday.
We headed back to KTM early Friday morning and had a very uneventful trip. I know that many people were praying because we had no car troubles and no bandhas or traffic jams. I had heard that the jams up the mountain into the valley could add anywhere from 4 to 12 hours more to the journey. So the fact that we were able to "zip" up the hill in the normal 1and a half made me happy!
| Kathmandu valley again. |
So praise the Lord for His traveling mercies! As mentioned before my tailbone is sore from the bumpy roads, but that will heal soon too.

No comments:
Post a Comment