Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Grand Weekend Planned!

I think that when you are teaching you enjoy your weekends more?! Not sure that is scientifically evaluated but I think it is true.

Anyways,  yesterday, as I was leaving work, someone asked me what I had planned for the weekend and I, in total honesty, said, " Nothing..I am just relaxing."  About half way home I thought, 'Do I need anything from the store?'  AND then I remembered...Oh I have grand plans for the weekend! With all the excitement of the week of teaching and SEW, I just forgot  all those grand plans and their reason until that moment. I must be getting older.

So today, Saturday, I am doing a lot of cooking and prepping for a Grand Banquet. The banquet is based on a comic book series called Asterix and Obelix. the book we are following is Asterix and the Banquet! ( Surprise, surprise!) You can check it out at this link:

 http://asterixonline.info/comics/Asterix_Comics/25/2.


I am preparing all the foods mentioned in the book...or some resemblance of them.  So lots to do. I created a board game and we have a miniature form of boccie too!  I have only asked that my guests bring a stone menhir...a small one....really small in fact.

So back to cooking and prepping. Life is just so fun to live!



1 comment:

  1. May your birthday be a great banquet of fun and fellowship as you introduce a group of new people to Asterix and Obelix and celebrate a new year. Love ya

    ReplyDelete