Friday, November 9, 2012

Week One and Still Standing!

It's been over 10 years since I have been in the classroom full time and I am loving it! It is an awesome responsibility, but God has given me such a sense of joy. Yesterday, I was working on my
lesson plans and totally lost track of time, that is how much fun I am having.  I know I am a bit different from the previous teacher... okay a lot different ... but the students seem to be making the shift and that is good.
My biggest praise this week?  On Wednesday, I announced that it was math time and all ... I mean ALL the students groaned ( I think I was groaning too).  So I sang a little song that I used to sing to my 3rd graders in Korea and we got down to work. After practicing our addition for about 30 minutes (Yes, I am a task master) on white boards, one of the student's said, " Man, this is really fun!" I looked at her in shocked horror and said, " Wait a minute, half an hour ago, you were groaning about math and now you think it is fun?"  She got this big grin on her face, "Yep, today's math is a lot of fun."  I was quite excited about that, but worked hard not to show it...:) However I was praising God loudly on the inside!
So I suppose I will have a lot of stories  to tell.
The first student took Oberon home this weekend...I am anxious to see how that went. I know that the other students were disappointed about not getting to be the first... but they will get their turn soon enough.
In the meantime, I am looking for tongue depressors and some read alouds. I have so much planned I may need them to come on Saturdays too! NOT!
Week Two is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment