Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Royal Petting Zoo?


This week is our Activity Week (SEW) and we are doing the VBS 'Babylon' in the afternoons. I am in charge of the Market Place (all the crafts) and yesterday we add the Royal Petting Zoo with two goats and three rabbits. This caused quite the stir in the marketplace, but the kids (human, not goat) enjoyed it. I think the rabbits were exhausted by the time it was all over.  The zoo will be open one more day and then we will be shipping them back to the far reaches of the kingdom.  
The students have really gotten into the spirit of the whole thing and we even had students bring customs to wear during the afternoon. They like the fact that they can choose a craft in the marketplace, although they do complain when they have to "purchase" the craft items. I like that math is added.  The stall workers are doing a wonderful job, although they complain too when I, as market place manager come through collecting the stall fee and tax!

The best part is the God sightings that the kids are writing down and posting on their tribal pillars. It is so great to see how God is making Himself real to each one of the students.  Daniel had courage and integrity. That is what I am praying for our students too. Courage and integrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment