It was my first full day in class...I am a bit tired..but that may be because after school, I led a teacher develop workshop, so I got another hour and a half of teaching in! (I like to use all my available hours in a day! It was good and I think people got something out of it.)
So I am home now, reflecting on the day and the goodness of the Lord. I had more highs in the class today than lows and that is always a good thing. I have added a morning devotion to the schedule and it was great how throughout the day, we were able to come back to what we learned during that time and see a connection.
A big high today was one of the students, upon completing his math sheet, let out this huge hurrah...we all jumped in surprise at the volume, but then went around giving high fives in the celebration. It was good fun.
We also dealt with an infestation of Ants! Large, mean-looking critters. They were everywhere, books, pillows, walls, windows, and the carpet was littered with them. We had a great adventure following the trail, trying to locate the nest. I told the class we should collect them and put them on our rice for lunch....but I did not have any takers! Not sure why not? We also isolated one ant and I draw (in pencil) on the wall his trail. We wanted to see if another ant came across it, would they follow it? However, that didn't happen...probably because we sprayed at recess and vacuumed them all up before the kids came back. (Note to self - erase pencil makers on wall and get an aardvark as a class pet).I am enjoying the classroom and thankful for the time I am having with these young people. It is so refreshing to teach again. What a blessing. May God continue to grow these kids in the knowledge of Him and be glorified in all we do!
No comments:
Post a Comment