We are, or at least were! Last night we had a jolt. A 5.7 earthquake, epi-centered in Tibet gave us an unusual shake. KTM is built in a valley that was at one time the bottom of a lake, so our usual earthquakes are more like riding waves or laying on a waterbed. It does cause a lot of damage, but it kind of makes you seasick when it happens. The earthshake yesterday evening was a sharp jolt. We knew it was not within our valley. I got on the Nepal's breaking new site and about an hour later found out the info I shared above.
It is always a bit freaky when the earth shakes, cause you are wondering about aftershocks and damage control, but that was all we got, thankfully!
It took me a while to get calm enough to think about sleep...but I finally did and things around the city seem to be fine this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment