Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cheeto

Today a belated birthday gift was received in the mail. It was an orange aardvark! Very cute. When my students saw it, they asked, "What is it's name?"  I said that I had not picked a name for it yet and asked they would like to give it a go.  They were quite enthusiastic about it and started coming up with names like 'Orange' and 'Hairy Legs'. I told them that they should come in the morning with a name and the reason for naming it that.  Then I would choose a name from their options.  They then asked if they could take it home along with Oberon the Yak. I said, "Unfortunately no. This critter stays here with me."
On the way home I decided to name him my own name. So I am calling him 'Cheeto'.. because he looks like one. Cheeto in Nepali means 'fast', which an aardvark can be if being chased by a lion.

He is very cute and I am once again with an aardvark.

2 comments:

  1. He is really cute and I like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The students voted on the name of 'Ribbon'. So now we have Oberon and Ribbon in class. I am creating a photo essay of their antics when no one is around...Then the students can write the stories that go along with the photos.

    ReplyDelete