So we made a schedule of what we wanted to do, knowing that it would probably not be what we did after all.
The assembly ended up being outside, in the school playground. I know that a number of the neighbors came to the windows to watch the badeshis dance and sing. I am just glad it was not raining!
The man (Mr. Abraham and his wife, Jolly who started Good Shepherd ten years ago) is a modern day George Mueller. The school started out with six students. Mr. Abraham wanted a place of education that was Christian and did not resort to beating children. He had a lot of opposition ( and still does), but parents in this poor part of Kathmandu support him fully. There are 150 students now -Nursery to Grade 10. Not all the students and teachers are Christian, but they know something is different about this school and want to be there. The school runs on a day-to-day budget and they are using all their space. But Mr. Abraham prays and things happen!
I think we were all humbled by this visit. This school is a true testament to God's miraculous provision and love.
Now that is "in your element"
ReplyDeleteYes it was! I did the teaching during the assembly and in two of the younger grades. I loved it!
ReplyDelete