
Yes, but it is not a huge celebration. In fact if I had not had plans for a bonfire in the evening with a group of Americans, I probably would not have even remembered it. It was moving day for me. The truck came and took two loads of furniture to the new place. It felt like a bit of freedom, coming out from under the bondage of mold and crowded spaces. So I was glad to have that done a day early.


That evening I went over to a friend's place for a bit of a celebration. She even downloaded an app for fireworks that we could watch as our grand finale. We had potato salad, corn salad, coleshaw, pickles, cheese, and cucumber salad to eat with the meat we cooked wrapped in tin foil. A couple weeks ago we had had a bonfire at this same place and about 15 minutes of a roaring fire a toad jumped out of the pit. Well he must have had a case of de je vu. because he hopped out again, partially singed on the head.
We had good fun playing capitols while eating, then a time of prayer for our country and some worship time. It kept spitting but we sang on and huddled under the leaves of the trees.
About 8:30 I headed home and made ti before the rain. But I missed the fireworks!
Today the US Embassy has their picnic and I plan to go... I am on the list to get in.. but we will see what happens with all the rain!
God bless America!
Happy 4th Gretch! I miss you, sister.
ReplyDeleteGood to see your face ! Love ya....sis
ReplyDelete