Friday, July 12, 2013

Me? A US History Teacher?! Yikes!

This next year, I am throwing off  the teaching shackles of elementary school and moving into deeper waters. ( all this while still doing my other job of Academic Director). So what deeper waters?  I will be teaching Grade 7 & 8 Library Skills and Grade 11 US History! It may be rough sailing at frist, as I have not taught upper grades before, but I am looking forward to the challenge and learning some new things. The US History course I am quite excited about. I have most of the overarching units planned and I wish I was taking this course myself.  When I was in high school, my US History teacher was Australian, so I feel I have a good sense of what an American is ...HA!  I want to add TCKness in to that mix, so I have been doing a lot of reading and making notes about all things American History. Here's to the USA and all it stands for! Rah! Rah! Rah! May God bless it!

No comments:

Post a Comment