Thursday, July 11, 2013

Turbo Charged

I don't know if you have heard of or seen the movie, Turbo the Snail. It's a story about a snail that wants to go fast and gets a chance through a weird encounter with a car.  When it comes out here, I plan to see it because sometimes I really feel that I can relate to this snail.
Yesterday was one of those days!  At 8:30 I was supposed to be in two places at the same time and about ten minutes prior to those two meetings, I got a phone call saying that I needed to go to the Visa Office at 10.  Believe me, a trip to the visa office takes forever! (especially when all the paperwork is not prepared.).
So I rearranged my schedule and got to the local school I was supposed to be touring and observed a couple classes, before catching the school car going by on the way to the visa office. (I literally got out of one school car, crossed the road to catch another one headed into town.) It was all very orchestrated, in a haphazardly fashion and 45 minutes later than expected. Once at the Visa Office, the brakes came to a grinding halt! It was quite laborious.  I had another meeting to attend at 1PM back at school, but was still at the visa office at 12:45 so had to push that back to 2PM and made it with about 10 minutes to scarf lunch down. At 3:30 rushed out of the 2PM to meet people at the new house. And  since I was in this fast progression of events again...decided to continue with a progressive dinner with a couple friends. We went to a couple new places and sampled dishes before finishing with cheesecake at a Singaporean place.
After I got home that evening, I just sat there on the couch and thought, " Man, today was lived in high gear. A snail in high gear. I really need to see that movie!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment