Monday, July 22, 2013

Wishing that Frogs would Croak.

We have had about 12 hours of rain as I write this! Last night about 10, I woke to a noise that I could not place.It sounded like a machine droning on and one. So I got up and walked around the house, only to  realize it was the frogs in the field in front of my place. They were croaking and humming like crazy! And they continued all night and into the morning. As far as I know they are still croaking. I left the house about 6:30 and they were going strong.  I would like to say there were millions out there...but that would be a bit of an exaggeration, so I will limit it to 5000!  I am quite tired today due to my all night serenade...I  figure I will need a nap about 10 AM.  Fortunately, most of the year we don't get much rain, so its something I have to put up with during the monsoon season. Only one more month!  YAWNNNNNN!

No comments:

Post a Comment