Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thinking of Deep Fried Frog Legs

Okay, so the amphibia serenade continues and its not raining! I guess they just needed the heavy rain the other night to get them started. But I did sleep better last night as I shut the living room windows to help block out the noise a bit more. This morning I walked in to my front bedroom and thought, 'boy, I am glad I didn't choose this room to sleep in." It was fairly loud in there even with the windows shut.

These are the things about house hunting that you never get to know until you actually live in a place and by then you have paid the rent, moved all the heavy stuff, and gotten settled. But I still love it and I know that the frogs can't sing forever! In the meantime, I am reading a lot of stories about frogs (many seem to be able frogs who think they are princes) and looking at recipes for how to cook frog legs.

Did you know that the name frog comes from an Old English word - frogga which derived from an Indo-European word preu.. which means "to jump"?  I learned something new today and it is only 5:30  AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment