Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Measure Twice, Cut Once!

The other day I was working on my job as a librarian. We need some new shelves and I designed them. I even went and found a measuring tape and worked out on a sheet of paper the dimensions for it all. I did it in centimeters because I am in Asia. Then I turned it in for approval and ordering. I got the paper back the next day.




Looking closely at the paper, I noticed that they had gone back and done all the measuring in inches. ARGH!  If I had done it all in inches, they would have gone and re-measured in cm. I am not sure if it is because I am a woman or because I am a foreigner. Maybe it is both! I can’t win for losing! But at least we can update the library a bit!

1 comment: