This is the sound that a bee makes in Nepal. I learned that fact the other day when I was trying to read a children's book. I like the sound... it is suppose to be a gentle, whispery sound... but I also love using it in a loud trumpety sound. That is one gigantic bee! Butterflies on the other hand go.. phur phur phur as they flit around the flower garden.
Language is such an amazing gift!
Language is such an amazing gift!
So in class the other day, we were discussing the sound of a bee. My teacher was trying to explain that the "Bhun" sound is soft and gentle... similar to our "buzz". I was not convinced!
ReplyDeleteBut about an hour later this very large hornet flew in to the class! I, not remembering the word for 'bee'...just started saying, "BHUN, BHUN,BHUN!" That got everyone else's attention.
The hornet didn't make a sound throughout it's whole flight around the room. I guess my teacher was right.